Help on Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Ok this is a simple request, but i cannot find the answer.

I am doing I.T. Coursework on Microsoft Excel 2003. I want to insert a picture but have the cells ontop of it so i can enter data and see it, so i basicly want a background for my table of data. However i can only manage to get a background that covers the entire Excel sheet, i don't want this as it will look stupid for what i am doing.

Anybody know how ?

From help menu:

Add a sheet background

Click the worksheet that you want to display with a sheet background. Make sure only one worksheet is selected.

On the Format menu, point to Sheet, and then click Background.

Select the picture that you want to use for the sheet background, and then click Insert.

The selected picture is repeated to fill the sheet.

This is my problem, i do not/can't have my background image filling the whole sheet. I only wish it to fill my table.

Never mind guys, thanks for your help.

Not sure if you know a lot about VB in Excel, but i'm sure what you are wanting to do is create some type of form or order sheet that has either text next to text boxes people enter information, or a picture in the background that flows well with where people enter text.

My suggestion would be to use a VBA form for this. You can put a background picture on the size of the VB form, it can resize to however large you want the form to be, and you can dynamically change where text boxes are located (within excel it can be a pain to get text box EXACTLY where you want them since in order to do so you have to resize other rows/columns).

Use a VBA form if you have the ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom