help with emule+

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRAZYCHIC

Solid State Member
Hi, was wondering if anybody can tell me how i can change my Low ID to a High ID in Emule +. Thnx, want to improve my downloading speed!:D

download speed is download speed there is no sure way to see major results. the only way you would see better results is to change ISP's but that also costs $$$$

low id to high id

If you have a low ID, make sure the XP built in firewall is turned off. To do this, right-click on My Network Places, select properties, right click on Local Area Connection, select properties, choose the advanced tab and then uncheck the box below.

emule xp firewall

If you are still getting a low ID make sure your software firewall is configured to allow eMule access. I recommend letting eMule have full access in your firewall settings. If you want to configure the individual ports, the default ports are:

4662: TCP incoming and outgoing
4672: UDP incoming and outgoing
4661: TCP outgoing
4665: UDP outgoing
4711: TCP incoming

Putting checks beside "Use smart LowID check on connect" and "Safe Connect" in Preferences>Server should help correct a low ID problem.

emule safe connect

Routers can also be the cause of a Low ID if you are not properly forwarding ports. eMule Router and Firewall Help has a detailed section on routers including Belkin, D-link, E-Tech, Siemens Speedstream and Zyxel 650HW. The Official FAQ also has info on routers.

http://www.emule-help.com/id.htm

wud it be safe to let emule have full access of my firewall settings...afterall they rdesigned to protect no?

ya its really not safe but thats how you get a high ID if thats the risk your willing to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom