Help with Email Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenPharaoh

Beta member
Dear techies...

I work at a college, asst technician. We are experencing problems with our email server. We use microsoft Exchange Server 2000, and Outlook and Outlook Express to handle our email. some boxes are downloading maybe 4 messeges...them time out, when the server shows they have 20+ messeges in their inbox. When you try to Send/Recive, it happens again. Now this only happens on about 3 computers out of 100+. We've tried purging mailboxes and to no avail...any help or path to try would be appreciated. Thanks

Its almost sounds like a permissions setting. In active directory lookup the account names that are having trouble and see what the mailbox account settings are set to.

Also ensure that the account space is adequete and taking effect on the server side as well as the user side. If you bring up the MMC for your enterprise and look up your mailbox stores it will specify the account size for each user. How exactly does that work? Each student has there own E-Mail account?

Well, we checked the settings you suggested, the setteings have not been cchanged from the default settings. Each Instructor,not student, has their own email account and box yes. This is strange indeed, though i do thank you for your and any others help in resolving this matter.

OOPS... do those 3 computers have "Plaxo" on them either now or ever before? Look for it on add/remove programs if you dont know what it is... its a free download that my salesmen got suckered into downloading as well and caused that same issue....

for starters, try removing the email account out of outlook, close outlook, open outlook and rebuild the email accounts and see if it works... if it does your outlook cache is messed up (due to a program like plaxo)

secondly, in Outlook options, increase timeou to 1 minute from the default setting of 30 seconds and see what happens......

I am not a techie,just a wise old geezer,but did you contact the people you pay for this email service ? You do get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom