HELP: consistent blue screens of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emper0r

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I'm having some bizzare problems with blue screens of death. First off, here's my comp specs:

Processor: Pentium 4 3.04 ghz
Video card: Radeon 9700 Pro
Sound Card: Soundblaster Audigy
Ram: 1 GB of RD 1066
Motherboard: P4T533

This issue has been happening for about four days now, and it started ever since two things happened:

1. I cleaned up my C drive (deleted a lot of files and folders because it was so cluttered). When doing this I deleted all non-folder files that were sitting in the C drive by themselves, was this bad?

2. I downloaded a large program that may have had a virus attached.

Anyways, since that happened about four days ago, I'm recieving blue screens but only when running certain applications. I'm an avid Diablo II player, and for some reason whenever I trade with someone in Diablo II I recieve a blue screen, and whenever I recieve a blue screen it talks about one of the following files:

Win32k.sys

or

NDIS.sys

I've removed SP2 and re-installed Windows XP pro but I'm still recieving the error. I ran a full virus scan and ran Spybot for any spyware and both found nothing. I even tried re-installing my video card driver and sound driver... yet still getting these bsod's.

If anyone can help me solve this problem I will do anything and everything I can do to help them with anything they need help with :) thanks guys!

I've checked and this also happens with essentially all games installed on my computer, can someone help please this is very serious!

Here's some more information:

Firefox, Notepad, Wordpad, Media players and all messenger programs run fine without the blue screen popping up.

backup data, reinstalll

next time dont delete files that you dont know what they are.

if you cant burn dvds without the bluescreen, you'll need to get a linux livecd, like knoppix and use k3b to backup the data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom