help cant install most software - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2004, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default help cant install most software

Well it started yesterday i was downloing some software off of and i clicked on it, it started to load and then it just stopped. I thought it was just the software so i thought nothing of it. Then today i dusted off my dell axim and decided that i wanted to put some games on it. Then i saw i had mcrosoft activesync uninstalled. So i went to download it. i did then it showed a little progress bar and then another so i thought everytihng was going fine but then after the progress bars were through then nothing came up, but the setup.exe and the other setup file are still under the procceses tab in the task manager. I have windows xp. and if it helps i can install the programs with the blue monitors and box of disks icon but im having trouble with the open box with the window behind it icons(which is what activesnc is) any help would greatly be apreciated.

Ok i just installed msn instant messenger which is the box icon with the window behind it just to let every one know that is still trying to help me, but i still cant install activesync.

Old 05-28-2004, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

try turning off any programs running in the background, like NAV or zonealarm.

Old 05-29-2004, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

scan for adware or spyware, try an FREE online virus scan at:

Closed Thread