help burning iso file

shasha

Solid State Member
I am trying to burn this iso file(server 2008 trial version) to a dvd-rw but everytime i finished the process and run it in my windows Xp, it doesn't come up and when i check on the dvd drive it shows an audio track even though I burned it as an image. I also try doing it with a cd-r. what am i doing wrong ? Please help me because i have tried different iso burner but nothing , the result is the same

but everytime i finished the process and run it in my windows Xp,

Have you tried to use it as a boot disk?
Meaning that you set your cd|dvd device as the first device in the boot order in your bios and then pop the disk in the drive and boot up your pc
Before you do this, be sure that you have backed up all your data on your XP system.Your better option would be to use another hard drive and install Server 08 Trial on to that so you do not lose anything on your XP drive

CarnageX, i tried what you said and still getting the same result. Joe C, I will test your options. Thank you all

CarnageX, i tried what you said and still getting the same result. Joe C, I will test your options. Thank you all
Did you try his suggestion with a NEW disc, not the one you said showed a audio track file?
Edit: btw, how big is this iso file that you're burning onto cd?

Last edited:
I just looked this up, and a trial of server 2008 (normal 32-bit version, not even r2) is still 1.8GB in size. Like Hefe said, you have to use a dvd.

A quick, easy program that I use for burning iso files on other people's computers(normally I use Alcohol 120%, but that's a pay-for license), is Active@ISO Burner. Just browse to where the iso file is, insert the dvd, and click "BURN".

Back
Top Bottom