Help with Browseui.exe error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

lheggie

Baseband Member
Help with Browseui.dll error message

Today my computer came up with a browseui.exe error message. It says that the browseui.dll is missing or damaged and that it should be reinstalled. It will not let me boot windows xp pro. How can I fix this problem. I searched microsoft site and only found reference to this problem with windows me.

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

sorry it is browseui.dll error message that says unable to locate component. browseui.dll was not found.. reinstalling application may solve the problem.

I edited my first entry to show the correct error message. Sorry for the confusion.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Computer will not boot even in safe mode. When i try the same error message shows and then the computer does not finish booting.

The only way that i can get windows to boot at all is safemode with command prompt. All other ways just give same error message about missing component. and then the wallpaper loads on the page but nothing else no start or icons are on the desktop.

Help!!!!!

Did you try Microbell's suggestion? If you can get to a command prompt, SFC.exe /scannow. If that doesn't work try
REGSVR32 /i BROWSEUI.DLL

I tried the sfc.exe /scannow and i get an error message. it says that windows file protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files. error code 0x000006ba rpc server is inavailable.

so then i tried regsvr32 /i Browseui.dll and it said load library ["browseui.dll"] failed - the specified module could not be found. but if you look in the registry via the regedit. and you look under regsvr32 it is listed.

Please advise. thank you for all of your assistance.

if it locks on desktop, cntrl alt del and see if explorer.exe is showing in the background. if you can cntrl alt del, then choose new task/run and then type cmd and press enter. should get to a dos shell. now goto the system root folder (probably c:\winnt) if u are there then type this in:

ren browseui.dll browseui.old <enter>

now reboot. if you dont know dos commands then just remember
cd.. goes back a directory, cd <folder name> goes into that directory and DIR/p lists directory stuff. so, say you are in c:\> you would type the following:

c:\>cd winnt <enter>

dont type c:\>, just type cd winnt.

this can be reversed, by the way. all you would need to do is go back into prompt and type

ren browseui.old browseui.dll <enter>

i got clear to the c:\winnt and it says that it can not find the path specified. i was able to get it to c: prompt but when i try to get it into winnt i get that error message that it can not find the path.

Explorer.exe is not one of the processes running

i double checked my entry and it is just as you said. not quite sure what to do now.

thank you for your assistance

hi i am hamza i've tried evry thing and notting worked. is there any way you can help me thanks and by the way it says when i type cd windows (the system cannot find the path specified) thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom