HELP !! atiZdvag What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, its ati2dvag - its the 2d driver.

And what did you do to get the CMOS problems? Because they weren't in your original description. Did you take the video card out and put it back in by any chance? If you did and you still have the CMOS problems, take it out and reseat it again. I realize the message is talking of something completely different. But, the POST does do weird things sometimes. I've seen related issues due to bad card seating.

To uninstall the driver, just boot in safe-mode (F8) and in "add/remove programs", remove the driver. I think XP Home should have ATI display drivers in the add/remove list. Then boot into Windows (normal boot) and it will load the default Windows disp drivers. Download the latest ATI drivers and install them.

btw, what card is this?

Hey Chankama, no I did not take out the video card, there was a bad storm here and lost power for 2 seconds. I was not home to power off PC, when I started PC this is when I got the screen with this info,

CMOS settings wrong
CMOS memory size wrong

press F1 to run setup
press F2 to load default values and continue

when I try either F1 or F2 neither works

I did get into the utilities settings but made NO changes, never did get into safe mode,

after the utilities settings exited out and the PC booted !!! that is where I got this verifry.com page pop up BUT I closed out and never went to that odd site.

I haver the PC running now, what ck list do I need to do to correct this if it happens again.

Dave

Dave you posted all that info already. In which i have answered all of what that stuff deals with. Your CMOS got corrupted and has to be reset to your default settings. Remove the battery. Unplug the unit fully from all power sources remove the battery.

If the PC boots then all is fixed?

ok,
I was answering Chankama posting,
this battery is like a watch battery, Radio Shack or Walgrens would have?

I have been using PC this morning all is fine,

Question, on this PC I am using the AVG used now 7.5 is just good till June 25 will an upgrade cost $$ ? 8.0 is the next AVG version,

ok tks, Mak213,
Torm. Tues. I will crack open the PC and do the changes,

which spy were removal software to use, I was using Ad-Aware, but no longer is supported
which should I use?

I will send you a message sometime torm if I have any questions,

tks again
Dave

Spyware you can use many. AdAware has several new ones that are free and fully supported. Spybot Search & destroy is another one.

The best option i can say is to use a good browser which you can stay protected with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom