HELP !! atiZdvag What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleSlo

Baseband Member
Running XP home had the blue screen with following file atiZdvag on my other PC
I have not done the reboot as of yet the device driver says got stuck in in an infinite loop

any suggestions,

Turtleslo

I did try to reboot with the same blue screen

I did notice 1 beep followed by 2 consecutive beeps then 1 more beep
I know the beeps are a sign, can this be the monitor driver?

how do I tell if ??

Dave

ATi is a monitor driver. It is the driver used for a ATi video card. That is what failed and caused the loop.

You need to update teh driver. Most likely from Safe Mode.

ok, I will try
once I get to safe mode which drivers do I get for the download?

I will be giving this a try so stay near, tks

Dave

Sorry i cant stay near. I have things to do. Life outside of the forum.

You need the drivers that match yoru card. So you need to find the drivers that match your system and card. You can find them by looking at the specs of your PC at the manufacturer's site.

I get a screen with this info"

CMOS settings wrong
CMOS memory size wrong

press F1 to run setup
press F2 to load default values and continue

when I try either F1 or F2 neither works

this pc is home built by friend about 4 years old, I did install a new monitor card, about 3 years ago, not sure where that info is,

but at least your saying I ned updated drivers for the ATI video card, correct??

Dave

if I find the info Can I download them with this PC but how do I install them on "blue screen" PC

MAK !! I got into safe mode I THINK !!! that where I see the bios utitily screen?
where to go from here???

not sure what to change here or look for,, Mak213, ???

no changes made

Dave

Update on issue,
I just cked all the settings, made NO changes, exit and PC loaded ok, BUT I had a Test Pages - Search that made me ck the certifacation of Test Pages - Search you have any idea what this site is?

I just closed out and moved on

what checking do I need to complete so this hopefully happen again??

Dave

Okay first off. No need for 6 posts in a row. Edit your posts.

2nd are you sure it is atiZdvag? Not just atidvag? there is nothing out there for atiZsvag.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the Test Page....

You need to run Belarc or Everest to find out the info on your video card. You need to find out what the blue screen info is. You need to get a new CMOS battery. You did NOT get into safe mode. You got into the BIOS. I said wait until AFTER the BIOS then hit F8 to get Safe Mode.

it was atiZdvag for sure, if I could of hit print screen I would of

sorry I use PC alot for my buzz, when it comes to blue screens and no booting I get kinda panicky, I have a back up PC from where I am sending this info from, and getting your help,

this 4 yr old PC works just fine for all my projects

I do use AVG & CCleaner, lavasoft is no longer supported, what should I use
Spy Bot ?

CMOOC battery? is that why I might of got the Test Pages - Search site when I was able to log back in? I had to reset my clock it showed Aug. 25 , 03 !!!!

Once I reset the clock the verify was no longer, odd yea,,

I will ck back torm, and get some of the updates and stuff

tks alot
Dave

You CMOS battery is what controls your BIOS. That is why your clock reset.

I would not trust that site. It looks more like spyware to me. Never has a site asked for a SS# and your DOB. Even if it does you should NEVER enter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom