Help with an apointment database solution:

Status
Not open for further replies.

vumpler

Baseband Member
I'm curious. My aunt has a hair salon and is opening another one starting at the end of april. There will be a solo receptionist which works out of her home(which is my cousin.) She will take all the phonecalls. My aunt wants it to where she takes the phone calls and posts them in a type of database. She wants the database to be viewable on the fly (I guess is the term) by any of the computers with the login info and web address, also she would like for it to send the appointments to the certain hair salon that the appointment is made to. She also wants the program to keep customer information. I don't think I'm forgetting anything but if I am I will fill it in later. Are there any programs you guys know of for something like this? All I've seen is peachtree and its only for finances. Any help would be great, thanks!.

ms access & some web scripting should be sufficient

id assume sql, mysql, or just about any other type of database should work.

pick up a book on db programming or search the web.

Yeah put mySQL on a central server and I think you'll need some kind of client software to go with it. The server will need to be a webserver as well if you want to be able to access the database from the Internet.

I don't know about security though. If it's going to be accessible from the web then you'll need good security.

If you have a tech which you can call on when you need them, the above solutions are fine. Otherwise, you may want to try File Maker Pro. Its easy to work with, and the built in web publishing means you run one piece of software that handles UI and data (Like Access) but is a heck of a lot nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom