Help with AMIBIOS n' Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. R

Solid State Member
OK, first off, my AMIBIOS makes 2 beeps when it boots up, I know that that's some kind of error of kernel memory deficiency. On a more serious problem with it. When the BIOS is loaded, there's a chance that it wont go after the final line after it says my primary and secondary drivers. Oh, I can't go into setup because my Logitech G15 KB will only run when Windows is booted and I don't have any old KBs lying around my house.

Second. I need a detailed document on how to work my nVidia control panel and monitor settings. I have an nVidia 6800 GT. I can't touch those controls without my screen flashing black every 5 seconds or having the screen show "colored white noise" every time I reboot my PC.

Third. This sounds odd... my antivirus treated oreans32.dll as a false positive a month ago but I never knew it. I Purged the quarantine which means the possibly 95% legit oreans32.dll is gone from my machine. How I figured this out was that my event logs were complaining. I need someone to upload that dll but please make sure of two things:
1. It MUST be the real oreans32.dll, you can check by Google.
2. I forgot which directory it goes in. :freak:

Thanks to everyone. :happy:

Oh, I keep calling oreans32 a DLL but i guess it's a system file. Actually I just remembered that I had deleted it manually (stupid) now my event logs show this message:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
oreans32

For more information, see help and support center at
Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search

I also get other ones like this
The NTPort Library Driver service failed to start sue to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see help and support center at
Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search

Since I deleted it manually, I need it uploaded from someones machine, will it still work if it's on someone else's machine though?

As for memtest86, I'm about to run it and I'll tell you what the results are soon.

Everything i see online is about people removing this file not trying to replace it. So there is something on your system that is still trying to access it. I would go thru our guide:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-updated-8-18-2008-a-165828/

Post a log up here:

HijackThis Logs (analyze) - Computer Forums

Process Explorer

I would also suggest running Process Explorer and seeing what program is trying to access this file. Everything that has turned up shows that this file is questionable at best.

Sorry, but I have to ask something.
I'm using the bootable ISO memtest86 file. Do I burn it and reboot my computer and then it'll run once the BIOS is ready and the CD is in?

EDIT:

Ok forgot to press F5, I already have HJT so I'll read through that. Process explorer looks informative but what can it do that my Administrator tools/control panel/task manager tools can't?

Burning ISO Images with ImgBurn - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Burn the ISO as it is. That guide gives step by step instructions on how to do it. The process explorer tells you what each dll file is used by which program. The tolls that Windows has doesnt give you that much detail as it wont tell you what dll files load with specific applications.

After you burn the ISO file just boot with the CD in the tray and it will load.

Alright, I went to find and typed in "oreans32.sys", "oreans32" and "orean" and found nothing. I'm guessing since the module doesn't exist, there won't be a process of it. I'll have to go through each program trying to find the one that is linked to oreans32.

I'm using powerISO, not ImgBurn.

There is a option somewhere with PowerISO to burn it if i am not mistaken. I have not used that software in some time. But you have to burn the ISO as is.

The easiest way to find out what is trying to access that dll is this:

Start>Run>msconfig>Startup tab

This will tell you what programs are loading at boot. It has to be one of them if this error comes up when you boot.

Followed instructions and I'm running memtest now.

I hope this info gets put into a log somewhere, otherwise I'll have to take photos.
When it's done, i'll get back to the oreans32 problem. You know, If I had the file, I could easily tell which process is using it.

I searched my system. I dont have that file. I cant find it anywhere on the net. So there wont be anyway for someone to get you that file unless they have it.

You dont need to take photos or anything. It will let you know right on screen if it finds error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom