Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonia2M

Baseband Member
I was yesterday yrying to locate the character ñ in my computer and started presing ALT q, w,e, r,t and suddenly the computer went into hibernation and can't get out of there I have turned off the computer from the power button like 30 times but it is the same it shows the windows xp screen and everything fine until it should show the desktop the it goes black and the light of the monitor goes ambar.
I have tried to star on safe mode but I only got it once and it said keyboard failure and could not move the arrows so it started normally.
I have two partitions made the second partition started fine but like I needed to restarted so many times now it does not work either.System restore encounters a problem and needs to close and so does common host client win32 or something like that.when i started it says that needs to check C (hibernation) for consistency and F the second one the desktop is frozen and the mouse or keyboard dont respond. I use to have F as a hidden partition but I made it visible now. Can somebody tell me how to fix it without formatting?

You can try this:

XP Repair install

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, read this Warning#2!
Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

lol..thats a good write up..I must also stress NOT to push R at that first screen..No matter how many times I tell it to people I try to help..all I ever hear is that the repair process never took place and they are simply at this "black screen" with "white text" and a thingy that says C:\windows :)

If the repair doesnt work we can then..well give a shot first before we go there

thanks guys my brother is going to lend me the xp tomorow ill let know how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom