Alright this is actually very simple...
1. Make sure that your system specifications can handle windows xp. Click here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...n/sysreqs.mspx
2. Make sure that you pay a visit to www.windowsupdate.com
to make sure that your OS is up to date with current critical and other updates as well...
3. Download Spybot Search and Destroy and also download ad-aware (both can be downloaded on www.download.com
). Then make sure that you update both of those programs. Then scan using those one at a time. Get rid of anything it catches.
4. Then make sure you are doing a full system scan and possible run an online scan somewhere.
5. Make sure that you have all the updates for your antivirus program.