help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bat2ray

Baseband Member
hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask anyway the problem is like this.

in my office there is 2 user from different domain. User A need to access 1 file stored in the user B computer and user B need acess to the network printer located in the user A domain from their computer.

this is what i've done:
I make the file stored in the user B computer as shared file then I 'd create a shortcut for the file in the user A computer.
In the user B computer I add a printer from the user A printer server.

the problem is each time the user A try to open file or user B using the printer after log off or restart computer, they will be prompt to enter username and password. I dont want them to know the user name or password for both domain and I need them to acess the resource without being prompt. I heard that creating batch file on both computer that store the user name & Password can solve the problem but I dont know how. I really appreciate if anyone can give me a solution.

nop, i dont think so (not sure). I'm actually a junior tech and I only join for about 2 weeks ago. Where should I start ?

Its safe to say if its promting for authentication there is no trust relationship between the two domains. Is this something you have authority to do? What kind of admin are you on the network?

Its safe to say if its promting for authentication there is no trust relationship between the two domains. Is this something you have authority to do? What kind of admin are you on the network?

I'm not an Admin but in support level and involve in almost all technical and non technical support except Email. I've been given this task from the network admin and I do have the authority. I just want the client computer to restore the connection after each time they log off so they wont being prompt again.

BTY they both using win 2000 service pack 4

Ok as long as you have enterprise rights to setup a trust that should be fine. Let me see how I have ours setup when I get into work and I will get back with you if someone hasnt beat me to the punch...

I need some info about your network to help better...how many domains are there and which server platform are we working with? win2k server, win2k3 server? or a mixed batch?

Also has someone explicitly defined the trust relationships in the past? I thought by default all domains in a forest have a two way transvitive trust established? When you bring up the sites and trusts MMC on one of your DC's can you see if there is any trusts currently setup?

both of the server using W2k server and from different forest. there is no trusts being setup to this this server as far that i've seen (I have not check the other one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom