held hostage......well, almost

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
several months ago, i downloaded Ariva anti virus and installed it on my laptop. that was when it was running Windows 8.1. since, i have uninstalled it. i keep getting little bits of it showing up, and today it reared its ugly head again when i wanted to purchase something. it is blocking pay pal, and will not let me get to their site. when i normally encounter it is a pop up banner on the top of any web page that i am shopping on. it comes up with alternate places to buy items, usually at a slightly lower price. or, when i am searching, occasionally it shows up wanting me to do something with their "safe search" option. i have downloaded and run Ccleaner, and malware bytes, and i always have superantispyware on every machine. i am currently running windows defender as my antivirus, or whatever they call it in windows 10. the other stuff is just a nuisance, but blocking my actual purchase is intolerable. how do i get rid of every trace of this program????!!! if it was something tangible that i could put my hands onto, it would get tied to a tree, and blasted 5 times with 00 buckshot!

wow, what a pain. and i might have to do both, since it was installed in 8, and its showing up in 10. yippie :( :( :( well, there goes the rest of the night. but THANX! i would have had no clue.

What do you mean "do both" ?

If you have Win10 installed currently, then you do the Win10 instructions.

Shouldn't take long to run through the guide. Just gotta delete any remaining directories, and then run the Registry Tool available on the page.

what i meant by both islook as if it is windows 8 and windows 10, since the program was installed in windows 8. and i am now using windows 10. because with my luck,there will be parts of the program scattered everywhere. but i may have bigger problems than this. i tried twice to go into safe mode. the first time by restarting the computer. which did not work. so i shut it down completely, and tried it again. it still did not work. so i thought i would remove my password since that is where it opens to. i am having trouble finding where it is, so while looking, i stumbled across some strange stuff under credential manager. it says that several of the things have been modified recently. since i have never seen any of this, i am definitely concerned. it says that the paid wifimicrorefresh token was modified on 8/31/15. my microsoft user account was modified today,the microsoft office 15datalive.cid was modified 4/20/15, and virtualapp/didlogical was modified on 9/20/15. i have not messed with ANY of these, and in fact, have noknowledge about anything except my microsoft account. has my computer been hacked??? i thought about trying to post a screen shot, but i dont know if that would be a good idea or not.

How are you attempting to get into safe mode? You can't use the F5/F8 keys during post with Windows 10. If your using the Edge browser, it is very limited. Try using IE or Firefox browsers and see if you can access your pay pal

thanx, i did not catch the instructions for safe mode the first time thru. / i had a little trouble with it, but after going back into safe mode, and running a search AFTER using their manual uninstall tool, the search found 2 files and a bunch of icons that did not get removed. but i am not going to blame them, as i am no expert, and could have easily missed something going thru the instructions. after deleting the files and icons, the banner is gone, and i did get to pay for my items. but the final checkout seemed to get stuck at the end. i waited 3 minutes, and refreshed the page. it showed everything went thru ok. but i do worry when things do not work as they should.

I know I'm late to the dinner table here, but Revo Uninstaller seems to work really well for this sort of thing as well. I've never had any troubles with it.

Back
Top Bottom