hd split in half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaveli

Baseband Member
ok,i got some gay virus that made me have to reformat. my older brother wanted to be nice and to have his friend do it for me so id not waste time. he tried installing xp too but that didnt work too well. anyways, i got my laptop today back,and he split my HD in half(my C: has 20gb on it and D: drive has 66.9 gb on it...) and he said its cause viruses go for the C: drive and not the D: drive....i didnt care until i saw how much pain in the *** it is to download,and install everything...

now i was wondering,if id reformat once again(fu........c...) then would i have my normal drives back?s in my C drive having 7X.X GB and my D: drive having around 9 GB?

Um, he did u a favor actually. It is better to have your HD in multiple position. If you keep your operating system on one partition it increases performance and reliability. I have a 500 gb HD and that how i do it. The virus will only go to to the operating system. So if it were to ever fail you could simply format the one partition and reinstall xp. It isnt even that much of a pain to have it split up, just download to the right partition and ur good. If you reall want to make it into one drive you should back up ur crucial data. Then right click on my computer then go to manage, in the left pane of computer managment click on disk managment. Then convert both partitions to dynamic disks the just extend the partition to the other drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom