hd problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2004, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to blackcomb
Default hd problems

had a bad incident with winxp not booting at all(safemode,normal)well on the reinstalation of winxp my pc would not boot winxp setup from cd rom so i tried winme just to get on there so i could then do the winxp setup through windows, well in the winme setup it formatted my 20gig(main drive) the proceeded to format my 120gig, but i managed to stop it b4 it got the 1% mark well i cannot access the drive with out it tellin me to format it, its in RAW right now i have found r-studio and it will recover all the files but i dont have 50$ for one time usage. so if anybody has sudgestions on some freeware tools for file recovery please post the linx.

Old 07-19-2004, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Here, this lists a whole bunch of recovery tools. Some you have to pay for, others are free. Hopefully you can find a solution!

Old 07-19-2004, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to blackcomb

thnx much wannabe_hacker
Closed Thread