Having to Unlug and Replug Keyboard in Everytime Computer Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakoom2002

Baseband Member
For some reason everytime I start my computer I have to unplug and then replug my keyboard from my computers usb port to get it to work. I also get an error saying that there was an error with the hidserv.exe. I did a search on google about the hidserve.exe and it was posted that this program/file handles all control unit through the usb ports such as the mouse and keyboard. anybody know whats going on here?

I have seen so many problems related to USB keyboards..especially on older machines. The BIOS doesnt know there is a keyboard plugged in so it will toss an error code and your keyboard wont work until the OS fully loads and brings up the drivers..not the case on newer PC's but older. I always reccomend sticking to a PS/2 port or get a USB to PS/2 adapter.

Are new Dells are not coming with ANY PS/2 ports and its all USB, but that being said the BIOS supports the USB keyboard on pre-boot with no problems. Can you get into your BIOS with the keyboard?

Hello,

Looks like the program isn't shutting down properly, and so when you boot into the OS, you're confronted with the error message.

Perhaps there's a keyboard driver related problem.

Boot into the operating system, and with your USB keyboard plugged in so that it is working, go to Control Panel > Keyboard > Hardware Tab...What's listed in the devices box, and what does the device properties say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom