Having Trouble with slow boot times and numerous performance log errors.

lost&confused

Beta member
Hey first off I'm far from pc savvy so if anyone can help me with these issues I'm having could you please take it slow for me as I'm not to quick on the uptake with this stuff, anyway a couple of years ago I built my first p.c , intel i5 760 , 4Gb ram , 500Gb HDD and initially had no dramas at all, but slowly over time the boot time started to stretch , I am pretty good with defragmenting the drive and the other basic maintenance tasks, but none of them have helped ,when ever I look in performance log I have a ton more errors, generally all relating to bootup or shutdown , I did a bootlog and also have the performance logs for anyone to have a glance at if they wish. I'll just add , I've also run checkdisk , startup repair from the windows boot disk and virus, spyware and rootkit scans to no avail , attempted to run a system health check but it always times out. oops , quick edit , just figured out I cant add attatchments so I cannot upload the boot or performance logs , none the less , if you have any suggestions let me know , thanks.

Reformat - once an OS is over 2 or 3 years old unless you took emaculate care of keeping the system clean you probably need a fresh install of the OS.

If that isn't an option, uncheck most things in the startup tab VIA msconfig (start>run>msconfig). Run malwarebytes and an updated AV. Also run ccleaner. Uninstall any program you don't use.

Back
Top Bottom