Having problems with downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizted_3kgt

Daemon Poster
Well first i'll give a little background: The power supply you see in my sig blew up a couple weeks back, wiping out my hard drive with it. I got a new PSU, and I just got my new hard drive yesterday, and things aren't going quite so well.

Basically my problem is I can't download any large files without them being corrupt. Which means I can't upgrade to SP2, update my games, anything over a 2-3 megs gets corrupted while downloading. This problem WAS there before the PSU blew up so it has nothing to do with that.

My ISP is Road Runner, I called them thinking that it was the modem since I didn't have this problem when I had DSL, they told me "it can't be the modem, it has to be something with your system". Yet I tried downloading a large file on my laptop using the same modem and it was corrupted.

I'm out of patience with this thing with all that's happened the last two weeks (losing 40 gigs of my stuff), anyone have a problem like this? or anyone have advice on what to try? Any help is really appreciated.

Ok for future reference for anyone with a similar problem. I have the nVidia firewall, there's a setting in it under "active armor", I disabled "offloadable", no more corrupt downloads!! I had the firewall disabled, but the setting still mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom