Having A problem with my HD "f and G are my main drives" - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Having A problem with my HD "f and G are my main drives"

Sorry im pretty newb at this guys >.<.

Pretty much my asian friend picked out all the parts for my computer, he lives in cali I live in NC, well I put the Pc together with the help of lurking the forums and watching videos on youtube.com lol.. and in the bios he walking me through them in vent now heres my problem.

My normal would be " C and D Drives" Are Tittled "F and G" this is giving me a really hard time when I goto install somthing pretty much the program has in its mind it wants to goto most the time C drive program files, and everything ive been installing ive been just changing where it installs to, now I hit a Kink... so to speak :P I have downloaded the newest Flashplayer and no matter what I try I cannot get it to install to my current HD. It doesnt ask me where do I wanna install it to it just does it automaticly and then tells me I dont have enough space on my C drive. well the C drive on my computer is titled "Removable Disk"

What can I do? Yet again sorry for being a newb I dont pick up instructions to quick so if somone has a moment or 2 and can help me out with this probly try to Dumb it up for me to understand lol.

Thanks ahead for the help and the great tutorals on this site.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Re: Having A problem with my HD "f and G are my main drives"

U probly have a card reader installed? Reinstall your o/s but make sure you disconnect the card reader. Everything should work fine after that. Good luck

Ultra PS, Ultra Mid Tower Case
Lite-on internal DVD-R, Samsung Lite-Scribe Ext. DVD-R
2 Acer 19" widescreen LCD's. For HTPC Olevia 32" LCD
Old 05-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I poked around a bit and found this link

Can I reassign my drive letters? - Ask Leo!

It helped me reassign my G to now be a D drive but no luck on the C drive so far.

sucks I dont wana reinstall my OS cause im to lazy to make backup disk and I just reformatted my other computer that I did file sharing with to get all my stuff goin on this computer (that doesnt sound right but its 12pm and I havnt slept in 36+ hours X_X)
Old 05-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ok well after more research I found out theres no way to change unless I reinstall my OS... well I got to thinking and I just changed my 2nd partition to C drive lol... so now I have a C drive and a F drive, and now my problem is solved just partition your drives up more on your C drive like I did if you have this problem.

sorry if I wasted forum space maybe this will help somone else.
Closed Thread