Having major OS Dilemma & free upgrade win7 coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocknje

Baseband Member
Hello everybody,

I am having a delema here that I need to figure out if the Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders w/ Tech Guarantee - OEM for $109.99, includes a free Windows 7 upgrade coupon . Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders w/ Tech Guarantee - Operating Systems

Reason why I purchased this, even though Win7 is coming out in a little over two months, is because I am building a brand new computer and since I am currently using Windows XP Professional 32bit SP3, I would need to upgrade to a 64bit to take advantage of all 6GB of RAM that I purchased.

Does this really come with the Windows 7 Upgrade coupon when it comes out in the Fall? Has anybody ordered this that can give me some feedback?

Do you guys think I should stick with this? If not, I can still get my money back, because I have all my computer components being sent to a UPS Center for pick up and since it is being delivered by another carrier they will not accept the package and will be sent back to newegg. So, I can still get my refund. If you think I should, I will attempt to get it redelivered

Here is a disclaimer I found on another website. Is this accurate?

Disclaimer: This OEM software is intended for system builders and cannot be transferred to another PC once it is installed. This software is for New and/or Fresh Installation and is NOT Retail nor Upgrade product. The purchaser of this software is required to comply with the terms of the System Builder license, including the responsibility of providing all end user support for the software

I am not sure if I am misunderstanding or not, but does this mean I can't upgrade to another version or does this mean that this is a full version and this cd is not used as an upgrade?

Here is a few options I am thinking about right now.

A. Win 7 RC 64 bit, but then pay full price for the Home Premium full version $199
B. Win 7 RC 64 bit, but then reinstall my XP Professional and then pay upgrade price for the Win 7 Professional upgrade $199
C. Purchase full or upgradeable XP Professional 64 bit
D. Stick with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders w/ Tech Guarantee - OEM $109 only if it comes with the coupon then upgrade to win7 for free when comes out.

Since I have XP Professional, if I wanted to upgrade from XP Professional, do I have to stick with, lets say, Windows 7 Professional or can I upgrade from XP Pro with any version like Window 7 Home Premium?

Final one here. How has Windows 7 RC been? Any problems? Does, most software work on it with any problems? What about older software, any problems with Win 7 RC?

I also found this link....Windows 7 'upgrade' doesn't mark XP spot ? Channel Register If this is true, then I might know one part of my answer will see.

Thank you very much for your help.

Upgrading from XP to Win7 is not a option. You cant do it. It would require a format amd fresh install. We have topics about it alredy. As for your questions about Win7, please read the Win7 FAQ. We have already taken time to answer tons of questions about Win7 in there. If you have something specific you want ti know we will be glad to answer, but just a generic question of how it runs we provide more than enough info for you to make a educated decision for yourself.

As far as the Vista, it is a full installer disk. You will be able to upgrade to Win7 when it gets released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom