havin problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAAX Z

Baseband Member
hello guys
i recently installed windows 2000 advance server although i was usin windows xp pro sp2 after installation i can not start up my xp i get an error like windows/system/config like this.
urgent help.

This makes no sense, you installed 2000 AS, you was running XP SP2, but you can start XP, so what exactly is going on here?

ya i installed windows 2000 advance server(d:/), actually i was using win xp pro sp2(c:/). i tried to dual boot. when i try to log on in xp it shows an error like this
/system/config (any prob)...( i am not able to start xp)
even i can not use safe mode to log in.

Okay you can NOT install 2000 from within XP. Since it is older XP will not allow it. So something else had to happen. From what i am gathering you must have tried to do it from a CD. If that is the case then peter is right. Your XP install became corrupt. Use the XP disc and do a repair.

You will have to format the partition from within XP to get rid of 2000. Now to get it off the boot menu go

Start>Run>msconfig>Boot tab. When that comes up check all known paths you should see the 2000 path is invalid and it removes it. If not manually go into the boot.ini and remove it from the boot menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom