have to wait 30 secs to enter the welcome screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

anggun999

Baseband Member
Hi everyone..., my computer is experiencing a problem.
Usually, the loading screen takes about 5 secs( boot screen), but it only needs 1 sec, and then it turns black for about 30 secs before entering the welcome screen. I really need some help here..., does somebody have a clue?

Hmm. It might be your start-up items. Disable them all (Start -> Run-> type"msconfig" ->Startup -> uncheck all the items) and see if it works. If it does, then enable all that were enabled before and slowly weed through the ones you dont need (google entries if you don't know what they are).

Also, I got a slight delay (of maybe a second) at that time when I upgraded my video drivers. Have you done anything of that sort recently? Even if you haven't, it might be worth a shot to reinstall them.

"Rollin' on- Double data Rate..."

In: Start -> Run-> type"msconfig" ->Startup, Uncheck the part that says: "Typmatic delay setting" Since i've done that, my startup is now 10.005 seconds flat. ;) :cool:

i'll try that strait away..., but this problem occured ever since i newly installed the windows, so i dont think i did something wrong with the drivers or softwares. Is it possible that, maybe because by the time i installed windows, my harddisck was not empty, it was already half fulled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom