Have dumb SP2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to SP2, especially if it's a new box. I'd suggest stepping up, if you can. Load XP, make sure it's stable, then load SP1, make sure that's stable, then load SP2.

Assuming you have decently current hardware, and yer box isn't from some cookie-cutter vendor like Dell or Gateway...yer fine.

The updates SP2 supplies, plus the security, will be great for a new PC (or a reformated one).

Don't let people scare you off of SP2 with horror stories and MS-bashing. You're already reloading your PC anyway. It's not like you'll lose anything in the remote chance that something does go wrong. Anyway, the number of "fatal" bugs is very low.

To add to the comfort zone-I ordered the SP2 CD from Microsoft and it arrived in under two weeks. Loaded SP2 from the CD and all went well except for the restart at the very end of the process. The machine hung and I powered it down, waited a little and brougth it backup, no problems. It went that way for both machines. Its been awhile running on SP2 and from my view its OK but I can also agree that applications may present a prolem but that would be limted to a certain machine/application user.
I think its ok to go with SP2.

I don't trust microsoft enough to upgrade to sp2

they have added a lot extra tracking feature, that most people aren't aware of

I know how disable the regular ones, I don't want to start all over

XP Tracking is the main reason that there are so many viruses and trojan horses and people just stealing your personal info, now. I don't want new problems

Hey Guys hi I work for DELL and im a tech in dell so as of my experience SP2 is really bad considering the fact that not only it has bugs that we realize in the later stages of installing it but it would give you stop error messages and it could also lead in Debugging,Formatting,reinstalling your OS take my word guys its bad wait for 3-4 months The revised version of SP2 is going to be launched we were told bout that in Dell.

I have an Intel P4 3.06 Ghz 533 Bus and when I have Hyperthreading enabled, SP2 makes my computer do a catastrophic reboot whenever I play Half-Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom