hasta la VISTA..baby! - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
 
KSoD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: C:\
Posts: 35,647
Default Re: hasta la VISTA..baby!

You are right. I will defend Vista cause i am sick of every single person who comes on here and claims that Vista is at blame for all their woes. Not one person can answer why they blame Windows and Microsoft for a faulty driver. Microsoft doesn't write the drivers. So why is it Windows fault?

How is it that you and so many people here can have so many issues yet i can go to several other sites and see the exact opposite? Why it is that it only seems to be that people on this site have a major issue with Vista? Google for sites like The Tech Area, InfoByte or NeoSmart Forums and there you will have just as many people on there if not more than can use Vista than can not here. Why is that? Give me a real answer to that and i will stop defending Vista and putting the blame on the users.

So yes i am a avid defender of Vista. You can call me any names you want. But when you can give me valid answers to any of the points i have brought up then i will back off. Yes you can give me all sorts of articles that back you up. Guess what? I can give you just as many that back me up.

Isn't that a great thing about the internet. So many people. So many opinions. The plain and simple fact is that 99% of the time it is the user. Does Windows come installed with Viruses? No. Does Windows not work when you install software that is not meant to be on that version? Yes.

So you can call me names and continue the childish games. I will not respond again to a thread you create if you wish. I have no issue with that at all. I have brought up several valid points to back up my answers. You just called me names.

I will ask you nicely now before you get a infraction. Edit your post and remove the swear filter violation and bring you signature into compliance with the rules. If not then a infraction will have to be given. Thank you.
__________________

__________________
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

KSoD is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
S0ULphIRE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,663
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: hasta la VISTA..baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2duo View Post
Dude, I don't want to waste my time pointing out different threads, discussions, reviews, and websites that concur with what I'm talking about. Vista just isn't the sh...t that you or Microsoft claim it is!
Windows 2000 never gave me problems. XP falls in the same club....but Vista just isn't up to par with those two.
What's funny Makavista is that you will always point the finger on the user...always but now you'll say that it's the software makers fault. Dude, you'll just blame everything in site. I've read plenty of your "it's not Vista it's you the user" replies and you can just add this one to your list.
nu2duo, you're just bashing Vista without even listening. I'm running Vista Ultimate and I've never had a BSOD, and its been running for over a year. The only problem I've had is a 15second freeze(caused by a driver issue on my graphics card).
I think it is you who is the problem, but you decide to blame everything else but yourself.
__________________

__________________
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
nu2duo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Neza
Posts: 423
Talking Re: hasta la VISTA..baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
You are right. I will defend Vista cause i am sick of every single person who comes on here and claims that Vista is at blame for all their woes. Not one person can answer why they blame Windows and Microsoft for a faulty driver. Microsoft doesn't write the drivers. So why is it Windows fault?

How is it that you and so many people here can have so many issues yet i can go to several other sites and see the exact opposite? Why it is that it only seems to be that people on this site have a major issue with Vista? Google for sites like The Tech Area, InfoByte or NeoSmart Forums and there you will have just as many people on there if not more than can use Vista than can not here. Why is that? Give me a real answer to that and i will stop defending Vista and putting the blame on the users.

So yes i am a avid defender of Vista. You can call me any names you want. But when you can give me valid answers to any of the points i have brought up then i will back off. Yes you can give me all sorts of articles that back you up. Guess what? I can give you just as many that back me up.

Isn't that a great thing about the internet. So many people. So many opinions. The plain and simple fact is that 99% of the time it is the user. Does Windows come installed with Viruses? No. Does Windows not work when you install software that is not meant to be on that version? Yes.

So you can call me names and continue the childish games. I will not respond again to a thread you create if you wish. I have no issue with that at all. I have brought up several valid points to back up my answers. You just called me names.

I will ask you nicely now before you get a infraction. Edit your post and remove the swear filter violation and bring you signature into compliance with the rules. If not then a infraction will have to be given. Thank you.
OMG, did I hurt your feelings makavista? Get serious bro. File all the complaints you want. This is just the internet, just another forum. So do what you gotta do.
Childish games? How, when, where? Makavista....it's just the internet!
Soulphire....just not gonna waste my time with you brother.
All my comments are not to hurt anyones feelings, especially maks. If I offended you in anyway, get over it!

"I will ask you nicely now before you get a infraction. Edit your post and remove the swear filter violation and bring you signature into compliance with the rules. If not then a infraction will have to be given." LOL!
__________________
e6600@3.1 24/7 w/stock cooling. 2g Transcend Memory
3 hd's, 80-XP Pro, 500 and 320-Apps,Pics, Music, Videos
ATI Radeon HD 3450 512MB-I DON'T GAME!
Ultra PS, Ultra Mid Tower Case
Lite-on internal DVD-R, Samsung Lite-Scribe Ext. DVD-R
2 Acer 19" widescreen LCD's. For HTPC Olevia 32" LCD
nu2duo is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
eyeCpc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,074
Default Re: hasta la VISTA..baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
nu2duo, you're just bashing Vista without even listening. I'm running Vista Ultimate and I've never had a BSOD, and its been running for over a year. The only problem I've had is a 15second freeze(caused by a driver issue on my graphics card).
I think it is you who is the problem, but you decide to blame everything else but yourself.
I found that to be the case since Vista has only locked up once and games crashed where the task manager in Vista works far better then was seen in XP. The crash control is one improvement I've pointed out a number of times having run the retail version since it was first out along with first trying the RC1 Candidate.

Video and sound driver errors seeing total locks in XP were the only BSODs I've run into in over a year's time already. At the same time there's always one or two things with any new version not preferred like the lack of the add/remove Windows components section and WMP 11. Other improvements however have outweighed those in the long term.
eyeCpc is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 01:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
 
KSoD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: C:\
Posts: 35,647
Default Re: hasta la VISTA..baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2duo View Post
OMG, did I hurt your feelings makavista? Get serious bro. File all the complaints you want. This is just the internet, just another forum. So do what you gotta do.
Childish games? How, when, where? Makavista....it's just the internet!
Soulphire....just not gonna waste my time with you brother.
All my comments are not to hurt anyones feelings, especially maks. If I offended you in anyway, get over it!

"I will ask you nicely now before you get a infraction. Edit your post and remove the swear filter violation and bring you signature into compliance with the rules. If not then a infraction will have to be given." LOL!
No you did not hurt my feelings. Far from it. But i asked nicely and you laughed so this is not gonna be reported for the records. Someone will be on to take care of this now.

I am done with this. I gave several examples and there are several people here that back up my remarks. Have a nice Day.
__________________
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

KSoD is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 01:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
nu2duo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Neza
Posts: 423
Talking Re: hasta la VISTA..baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
No you did not hurt my feelings. Far from it. But i asked nicely and you laughed so this is not gonna be reported for the records. Someone will be on to take care of this now.

I am done with this. I gave several examples and there are several people here that back up my remarks. Have a nice Day.
I took the liberty to look up sp1 reviews and so far.....there are no major improvements or reasons to upgrade to sp1. Yes, I know Makavista, way too early to make such comment.

Say hi to those you reported me with. Like I said, I don't live on TF nor make TF a place to waste my life on.
__________________
e6600@3.1 24/7 w/stock cooling. 2g Transcend Memory
3 hd's, 80-XP Pro, 500 and 320-Apps,Pics, Music, Videos
ATI Radeon HD 3450 512MB-I DON'T GAME!
Ultra PS, Ultra Mid Tower Case
Lite-on internal DVD-R, Samsung Lite-Scribe Ext. DVD-R
2 Acer 19" widescreen LCD's. For HTPC Olevia 32" LCD
nu2duo is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 02:04 AM   #27 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
 
KSoD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: C:\
Posts: 35,647
Default Re: hasta la VISTA..baby!

That is fine. Good for you. I will ask you nicely again to stop calling me Makvista. That is not my name. If you can not comply then do not address me at all. Thank you.

I do not live on TF or make it a place to waste my life. I was asked to be a Moderator and i contribute. Sorry if you dont feel that way but those are the facts. Just look over a few threads that i have posted in and you will see for yourself.

Have a good one.
__________________
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

KSoD is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 02:09 AM   #28 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
nu2duo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Neza
Posts: 423
Thumbs up Re: hasta la VISTA..baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
That is fine. Good for you. I will ask you nicely again to stop calling me Makvista. That is not my name. If you can not comply then do not address me at all. Thank you.

I do not live on tech forums or make it a place to waste my life. I was asked to be a Moderator and i contribute. Sorry if you dont feel that way but those are the facts. Just look over a few threads that i have posted in and you will see for yourself.

Have a good one.
I agree...Makaveli it is. My bad. You know, this is just the internet...thats it!
Looking forward to reading more sp1 reviews in the coming weeks. I may just dual boot and check it out myself. Have a good one....
__________________
e6600@3.1 24/7 w/stock cooling. 2g Transcend Memory
3 hd's, 80-XP Pro, 500 and 320-Apps,Pics, Music, Videos
ATI Radeon HD 3450 512MB-I DON'T GAME!
Ultra PS, Ultra Mid Tower Case
Lite-on internal DVD-R, Samsung Lite-Scribe Ext. DVD-R
2 Acer 19" widescreen LCD's. For HTPC Olevia 32" LCD
nu2duo is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 02:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
eyeCpc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,074
Default Re: hasta la VISTA..baby!

I've been talking to several people now downloading SP1 and none have any complaints to make so far. It's already been on here for several hours only seeing the volume control for the sound card reset to defaults. No big dilemna about that.

Reviews? It's a large roll up of all the updates upto the latest except for two that were probably not included due to being for hardwares. No problems seen.
eyeCpc is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 05:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
aeroplane22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to aeroplane22
Default Re: hasta la VISTA..baby!

Well, I don't understand the whole idea behind "Unstable Vista".

I bought Vista as soon as it came out and the only issues I had was trying to find drivers, like any other new OS. I never got BSODs that I could directly relate to being a Vista driven BSOD.

Now I run a new PC with Vista x64 and the same issues are still here, none. The gaming is great and stability is top notch, no BSODs and I can find support for All my hardware. Frankly, the most complaints I see are from those too stubborn to upgrade and be good with it, but who knows since you can't put your finger on that. All in all, I think Vista should reign over XP soon because it is designed to be more advanced and stable.

To each their own.
__________________

aeroplane22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
xp and vista solidsteve Microsoft Windows and Software 12 01-05-2008 08:35 PM
Microsoft offers a Vista two-for deal Osiris Microsoft Windows and Software 8 01-01-2008 04:17 PM
Download Windows Vista SP1 RC1 Osiris Microsoft Windows and Software 0 12-06-2007 09:37 AM
10 Reasons You Don't Need Vista Today Cyber.Logan New Systems | Building and Buying 47 08-15-2007 05:31 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.