Has Windows XP been recalled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I just spoke to someone from Best Buy today to find out if they still carry Windows XP and she told me that it has been recalled. She did not know why. She said no one has it right now, I don't know if she meant just stores or both online and stores. Has anybody else heard this?

No its not recalled. You can only buy the retail versions of XP at the moment, and that is pretty much until stock runs out of those I'm sure. OEM versions are not available to buy anymore. Remember, XP is in extended support, which means soon M$ won't support it anymore. Why would you trust what Worst Buy says about computer stuff like that? ;)

No. Like I said in my previous posts, only the retail versions are available anywhere. Online, or at a store. OEM copies are done, unless they still have them in stock. Why buy XP anyway when you get get Windows 7 RC for free for a year? And its being released this year (Oct 22nd according to what Mak posted in the Win7 FAQ thread).

The main reason I want to buy XP is because I am installing it on a older machine, a Dell Dimension 4100. It is slow enough with XP installed. I don't think it would handle Windows 7.

Windows 7 doesn't take much at all...It's a big improvement over Vista...plus its free, why not at least try it?

If you REALLY want XP OEM u can get it off NewEgg for like $90. But why spend the money on XP when Win 7, like CarnageX said, it's free why not try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom