Has anyone heard of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
I own a Sony Viao RX-755 desktop computer running XP. I purchased the computer almost 2 years ago to the date. I was having some problems recently with XP and I still had less than a month before my tec support ran out. I called them up and I was informed that I did not have a full copy of windows on my computer. I was asked if i had a Windows CD or a 4 disk set of Sony recovery CDs. I have the recovery cds, wich means that I have a "less than full" copy of windows. i never thought about the fact that my computer didnt' come with a windows cd. So Sony can sell you a comptuer saying it's windows xp but you only get half of what XP is. I am missing some functions of XP. For instance, the tech guy told me to backup my comptuer, but then he had to inform me that since I have an RX-755, that i do not have the full XP version. Thats crap. I'll never buy Sony again. I just needed to rant, cause I found this out yesterday. I need to backup my computer but I dont' know how to. Should I purchase a program or an external hard-drive? Again, let me say, SONY VIAOS suck!

I got my RX-860 a 4 years ago and in my time I learned never contact Sony Tech support as they are a bunch of high school drop outs who know nothing (sorry if you work for sony viao).

It's true they have their own custom version of XP that you may or may not like. This is for all computer manufacturers not just Viao. So you cannot blame then if what you say is true you will never buy from anyone and only build your own PCs. You also have XP Home which is not the full XP Pro I'm willing to bet. Again you can't blame Viao you picked XP home for your OS.

You should make a seperate Partition on your Internal hard drive for the backup location.

Also I'd suggest you never ever go to where you bought your PC again I'm thinking of building another because my RX860 is four years old and it's starting to show it. If you bought a RX755 I'd like to know if it was expensive being such an old model and if it was bought used.

Sheesh, Dude....get a grip....back up your data...buy a $120 OEM version of XP Pro.........Dude, tech support from your manufacturer is not going to make you happy. Learn to depend on the knowledge you can acquire by basic study and learning form this forum!!!!! Ignorance about your OS and hardware is a guarenteed way to empty your wallet...call the Geek Squad! LOL.....Not! Become the Geeeeekkk!!!!!!

Ah yes Geek Squad the group that can fix a wireless Nvidia graphics card.....

I hate to be harsh but again it's your fault for choosing a PC with XP Home and it is not Viao's fault that they use a custom XP as every manufacuters does.

I'll agree I was ignorant my base unit when I purchased it had XP Home but I dumped that right aways for a MSDN-XP-Pro-SP2 OS. You need to upgrade to Pro as Home doesn't even have the shadow copy backup tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom