Has anyone else got the BSOD on 7 Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the sticky topics i have created, i have shown exactly how to read them even for the average user. Including the source where to find out what the error code is. Microsoft does offer this stuff. People just dont know where to find it. Microsoft can't view the BSoD. It isnt submitted to them as you are not accessing the internet when it happens to send this information. Which is why they give the information via their web site, which i have provided links for.

I get them constantly... Mainly due to overclocking, that tested stable, but was not fully stable. Most of mine have to do with win32k.sys. I'm not saying it's unstable, by any means.

I got some while I was overclocking, but hey no big surprises there lol
I've been getting some recently, I had no idea why. Then I noticed my system was (and still is) showing the amount of ram I have installed as 4Gb (instead of 6) even with the x64 version of win7 installed.
Memtest time methinks :)

If you read the sticky topics i have created, i have shown exactly how to read them even for the average user. Including the source where to find out what the error code is. Microsoft does offer this stuff. People just dont know where to find it. Microsoft can't view the BSoD. It isnt submitted to them as you are not accessing the internet when it happens to send this information. Which is why they give the information via their web site, which i have provided links for.
I still stand by the fact they could put that info in the error code. You're right they do provide that info on the microsoft website, but why couldn't they add those three or four sentences into the error code? I'm just saying they've updated almost every part of the OS except that error code. Keep the code, just put a little insert under it saying what they have said on their website or any other website on the net.

You are right, we have that info and anyone with a little knowledge can find the info - but the ENTIRE goal of the OS is to be user friendly, and this would be one more step towards that ultimate goal.

Only time I've gotten one so far is from oc'ing my gpu :p (no need to find out the cause of it either hehe). Otherwise I haven't had any.

I still stand by the fact they could put that info in the error code. You're right they do provide that info on the microsoft website, but why couldn't they add those three or four sentences into the error code? I'm just saying they've updated almost every part of the OS except that error code. Keep the code, just put a little insert under it saying what they have said on their website or any other website on the net.

You are right, we have that info and anyone with a little knowledge can find the info - but the ENTIRE goal of the OS is to be user friendly, and this would be one more step towards that ultimate goal.
Yes more could be done to the BSoD. But lets face it. Do we really want this screen to be dumbed down to the level that it is almost pointless like the old error prompts used to be in Windows 95/98?

The thing is that the error codes are not just the main line. Like Stop 0X00007e for System Thread Exception. You have to look at the code in the () as well. As the first set of numbers listed can give even more information.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/start-up-error-file-boot-bcd-status-0xc000000f-188742/

Case in point that thread. The first error was related to the BCD but further inspection shows that it is a Memory Access Violation. So just giving the information about 1 code is not enough. As each code can have 4 or more sub-code meanings to them. This is something that is not understood and why the BSoD is still the way it is.

This is why the BSoD information is hidden away on resources for IT Pros on TechNET and MSDN sites. As it requires a bit more than just common knowledge to analyze the information and use it properly.

Could the BSoD be improved? Without a doubt. But i would not want it to get to the point where it is dumbed down so much to give a error code or even the information provided on the MSDN site to a common user as they still wont know what to do with it.

Yes more could be done to the BSoD. But lets face it. Do we really want this screen to be dumbed down to the level that it is almost pointless like the old error prompts used to be in Windows 95/98?

The thing is that the error codes are not just the main line. Like Stop 0X00007e for System Thread Exception. You have to look at the code in the () as well. As the first set of numbers listed can give even more information.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/start-up-error-file-boot-bcd-status-0xc000000f-188742/

Case in point that thread. The first error was related to the BCD but further inspection shows that it is a Memory Access Violation. So just giving the information about 1 code is not enough. As each code can have 4 or more sub-code meanings to them. This is something that is not understood and why the BSoD is still the way it is.

This is why the BSoD information is hidden away on resources for IT Pros on TechNET and MSDN sites. As it requires a bit more than just common knowledge to analyze the information and use it properly.

Could the BSoD be improved? Without a doubt. But i would not want it to get to the point where it is dumbed down so much to give a error code or even the information provided on the MSDN site to a common user as they still wont know what to do with it.
Well put, i agree with you. There is a fine line between simplification and making something so simple it isn't useful.

I have had multiple bsods in 7 one for my hard drive stopping randomly and the other for trying to run seatools.

Hmm. Its strange though. I guess i expected because its new that it shouldnt do that.

Its a pity they didnt change the look of a BSOD. Would be nice to see a different colour. lol.

Ha, I hear that one. How about color codes instead of the 0x00000000438793 to figure out what went wrong?

Green for memory.
Blue for applications.
Red for drivers.

etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom