Has anybody tried these videos? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Has anybody tried these videos?

I was searching for a cheap(Actually free) way to learn Windows 2003 Server, and I came across these videos. They are not free, but only 10 bucks. The free demo seems pretty cool, but before I bug my parents to use their Credit Card I would like to know if they are worth it? My parents are leary about using their card on the net. Has anybody seen these and are they worht it? Thanks

http://www.learnwindowsserver.com

Old 11-07-2003, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Bueller......Bueller........Bueller.........Buelle r

Anyone?

Old 11-07-2003, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

the site looks legit. They have an option to use paypal, so you don't have to worry as much about your credit card number getting jacked. The product looks good and buying a book would cost as much and be more tedious. From the way I see, if you want it, it looks legit enough to get without worrying.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I found the site through Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...d/default.mspx

So, I'm pretty sure they are legit. I know that seems cheap for adults, but I am but a youngster. I want to make sure that they are worth the effort of asking my parents to extend their credit card to me and float me the $10. They just don't trust the internet at all.... Don't understand it : ). I figured I would get some responces from independant people to show my folks that I researched it, and it is not just a whim. Thanks
Old 11-08-2003, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to A_Zip1

Hmm well i dont really see why u would need the video.. i consider myself semi-newb but it only took me about a week or so to understand win 2003 completely ... and im loven it.. haha... but yeh if ur not running it as a server this is a good site i came across to disable all the server things and make it run like a 'workstation'.. hope it helps u out ... http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/index.htm just rememebr to follow all of the steps and everything will be hapyp .. haha cya
Old 11-08-2003, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

ive heard there's not much difference from XP to 2003 but it seems like a good OS
Old 11-09-2003, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hello A_Zip1

As a newbie, how do you even know where to start? I am not even sure what it can do, so I don't really know where to start making it do what it should do. Does that make sense? I have been reading, and that site you listed is neat, but I want to set up a server. I already have XP as a desktop system, and I am still trying to figure it out. Thanks,

Malvo
Old 11-10-2003, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Videos look pretty solid kid. For a newbie. If I get 4 hours of spare time, maybe I'll buy em and try em. I have a feeling I would get bored, but there seems to be alot covered. Tell your dad to skip the 6 pack this week and spring for em! It's only $10!
Old 01-09-2004, 08:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Just wanted to let everone know that my Dad let me get these videos for Christmas. They are awesome. I learned alot. It was 80 MB to download wich took awhile (We need a cable modem!) I hope I can talk my Dad into that someday. Thanks for the comments.

Malvo
Old 01-09-2004, 08:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Techie

cool...yeah i like win2k3 it is pretty easy to get around