Hardware Specs for Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amd2800 said:
ive run vista on the specs in my sig

just fine
Yea I've ran it on worse specs. But you must also remember that is a beta build and doesn't count for release hardware requirments. The only time we can start to grasp how much Vista will require is when the Feb CTP is released with all of Vista's features.

Even then you cant really judge since they havent done anything to reduce the amount of resources that Vista takes to run the features. It wont be till the RC builds that we will start to see the requirements come down for Vista.

I think the requirements for vista should be
P3 800MHZ
256MB ram
64MB video (for aero glass)

I think that would be more than reasonable to run windows vista
anything higher is just stupid

mikee said:
I think the requirements for vista should be
P3 800MHZ
256MB ram
64MB video (for aero glass)

I think that would be more than reasonable to run windows vista
anything higher is just stupid

You can have your 800 Mhz and 256 MB RAM to run Vista, but when you're running 5-6 different applications and it's running slower than a turtle crossing the street you'll think otherwise! I wouldn't put XP on a 800 Mhz machine! On a computer like that I'd go with 2K Pro. Just my .02 I guess.

At what point does the extra eye candy and slightly extra functionality which requires faster hardware outweigh the need for just something that gets the job done? IMHO, Apple already exceeded that boundary with OS X, windowsXP is close to it, and Vista will likely cross it by quite a bit. Gotta love the mentality so many people have that its perfectly ok to use a sledgehammer when a regular hammer will do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom