Hardware monitoring software

Is there any specific reason you'd like to slow polling down? Not sure if I understand completely what you're saying in your first post re the usage + higher temps

I built this latest system with a CM 212 evo cooler. I wanted to keep the CPU as cool as I could get it. It's an i5 CPU in a Antec p280 case. There's 2 120mm fans in the top and 1 120mm fan in the back. The cooler has its fan in a pull through setup facing the back fan. This draws air through the fins then blown toward the back case fan and on out the back.
The 2 fans in the top help draw out the case heat. The intake is a passive opening at 120mm wide by 240mm tall. I could put fans in the front behind the intake filter and 2 more on the inside on the hard drive rack but I want to have a negative pressure case. Meaning the exhaust fans drop the pressure inside the case and since nature hates a vacuum, the air gets pulled in at a higher volume. And it's a lot quieter.

OK now I'll get to the point of having the software to monitor the functions.
In order to prove my theories to be right about drawing air through the heat sink instead of pushing it and the negative air pressure in the case being superior to pushing air in to the case inducing a balanced or positive case pressure, I need a reliable monitoring program. I want to see how usage pushes the temps up and forces the sensors to adjust the fan speeds to compensate for the heat. But I don't need to see that every nano second. About every 5 to 10 seconds would be better.

In the case of HWM it's showing me a radical difference in the temps across the cores whereas Core Temp doesn't show this. It reports a more even temp across the cores.
I'm thinking the higher or constant polling is inaccurate versus the slower adjustable polling rate.

So make sense now? I really need a monitor program that outputs to a file like an Excell .cvs to show me all the data HWM does and at what time the polling occurred.

I ran Prime95 for 30 minutes right after putting the system back together from a major cleaning rebuild. (I smoke) The highest temp reported was 145F. So I think I'm on the right track.

Last edited:
Couldn't you just average out the data that HWMonitor collects? If I am not mistaken, HWMonitor Pro can output to .cvs.... I know it certainly has graphing functions built in.

Back
Top Bottom