Hardware monitoring software

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Fist of all I didn't see any where else to post this so it wound up here.

I use two different programs to just take a look at things like temps, voltages, and fan speeds.
I use:
CPUID HWMonitor
Coretemp

CPUID HWMonitor has a broad look at temps, speeds, usage, and voltages. It's questionably accurate but it doesn't have any polling time adjustments whereas Coretemp does. I've got the polling time maxed out on Coretemp so it polls and displays about every 5 seconds or there about.

CPUID HWMonitor seems to continuously pound the sensor chip for data and that shows a lot of usage and higher temps. Plus the spread between cores is way off. So my question is does any one know a way to slow down the polling rate on CPUID HWMonitor?

Hi Both good programs. I use Speccy to monitor my temps. My Toshiba also has a way to monitor my Temps. I realize I didn't answer your question. I use to use Speed fan but it's not all that accurate.
Gary!

No, you can't change the polling rate on HWMonitor. HWMonitor Pro doesn't have the feature, either.

HWMonitor is usually what I've been using the last several years for a collection of system temps. Speccy was also mentioned for this.

For specific components, there's RealTemp/CoreTemp for CPU, MSI Afterburner for GPU.

I've got EVGA's Precision X for checking on the GPU. The new version has a few more bells and whistles.

Have you had HWM show 0 RPMs on the fan speed when it runs for a long time?

Sent an email to CPUZ to find out if there is a way to slow down the polling or if a future version will have that function.

I guess I don't usually run it for extended periods of time, so I haven't noticed the 0rpm issue.

Is that on the latest version that's happening? Tried a different version? I had some weird bugs with one of the new versions they had out a month or so ago - had to revert back to an older build (temp sensors weren't being found for some reason).

I set the AC to "Store Ben and Jerry's ice cream on the table" setting and let HWM run over night to see how far down the temps got.
I'm running version 1.28.0.

I never noticed HWMonitor causing temps to go up... It shouldn't cause enough of a load on any of the monitored components to ever increase the temps.

Back
Top Bottom