Hardware Backup Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkmancer

Solid State Member
I have a question? How can I back up my drivers that is on a slave disk? It is primary long ago then i made it my slave because it is damage because if I will boot,after the windows bootscreen it will eventually restart,I will see first I think is a BSOD,but how can i get its drivers back because Im planning to format it.Hope you can help me. :D

Okay wrong forum. Should be in Windows.

What was the BSOD? We will have to trouble shoot to get it restarted as there is a script to run to backup drivers but only from the active Windows being used.

You could jsut take the whole Windows\Driver folder. But that might not do you to much good. But it should have the .inf files you need to reinstall drivers.

I can see only driver cache and 2 zip folder one has 75mb and the other has 18mb.
Their name ==> driver.cab and sp2.cab, There is a program that can collect driver. I forgot its name. I download some but it don't collect information from the other drive. He only gets from C:.

You just can't copy drivers over from disk to another and expect them to work. Is there any reason why you can't reinstall Windows?

That will be the same for any application or script. They are only meant to run on the active install of Windows. Not to get drivers from a 2nd install or drive.

Weew. I have download this Driver Magician but cannot change the location to drive D:. DO you know any program that can specify location? =>

First do not start a new topic when you already have one. 2nd read my above post!
They are only meant to run on the active install of Windows. Not to get drivers from a 2nd install or drive.

There is NO software out there that can get it from a specific location. So either try to get that install working again to get the drivers or find another way to get the drivers you need. There are all over the internet. Not like they cant be found again.

First do not start a new topic when you already have one. 2nd read my above post!

There is NO software out there that can get it from a specific location. So either try to get that install working again to get the drivers or find another way to get the drivers you need. There are all over the internet. Not like they cant be found again.

Sorry i thought you did not post here thats why I post new one. Sorry.

ahh. Ic.. ok2 . Weew. I will invent that program. hahahaha :rolleyes:

What i dont get is this. You want to reinstall Windows right? But you want the drivers off your slave drive right? But yet you are running Windows now right? So what does getting the driver from your slave drive going to accomplish that getting the drivers from this install wont?

It is the same system running the same OS. The drivers will be the same. So why it is so important that you get the drivers from a non active Windows than to just get them from the one you are running right now?

I just dont get it. The drivers will be exactly the same.

Amm.. The other drive is also a primary drive of the other computer. Its OS is damage i think because after the bootscreen it will restart immediately that's why I want to get the drivers installed on the other drive because Im planning to reformat it, I can still access after I made it a slave. What will I do to this problem?Is my solution ok? Reformat the drive but I want to get first the drivers installed on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom