Hard drives full when not???!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishBeef

Beta member
I have an Acer Inspire 1690 laptop, and recently have been getting some strange capacity anomalies.

For example, today, I was unpacking a file with Winrar to my external Freeagent 320GB hard drive and midway through I got an error message saying that the disk was full. I checked the disk and it has 82GB free on it and the file I was unpacking was just 1GB.

This follows a series of similar events. Last week I bought a new MP3 player (8GB Samsung YP-P2) and whilst I was transfering some movies to it, windows threw up an error that the device was full. Upon checking, just 3GB of the 8GB was used and the movie files only totalled about 1GB. I did a test and deleted everything from the MP3 player and the device under my computer showed as still being full!!??

Another time recently, I was transfering some files onto a Micro SD card and I had the same problem - windows reporting that the card was full when it clearly wasn't. I think I had to restart windows to sort it out.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone else had this problem?

My laptop is 2 years old and is extensively used daily and is probably in need of a clean Windows install. Will that fix it?

Any help is greatly appeciated.

Your seeing these hard drives as being full but it may be talking about your Laptop hard drive. Have you checked that. I just had that happen to me on my network. Thought it was my daughters hard drive when it was one of the hard drives on my network computer.

I would recommend a cleaning with CCLeaner. It could be that your temp files are getting alrge and that your Virtual Memory is what is full not the actual drives themself. Try a scann with CCleaner and see if it helps at all.

I had this problem before, i found about 50 movies, throughout my hard-drive or many files you used. Check through your hd if that isnt the problem, Try running anti-virus. If no luck then i suggest buying a new hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom