Hard Drive Restarting My Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakoom2002

Baseband Member
I have three hard drives on my computer two are storage and one is the main C: Drive. The other two are slaves. I am having an issue with one of my hard drives. Any time I try to access my hard drive (F:) it restarts my computer. I cannot even get near this hard drive without it restarting the computer. I was assuming it was a virus but even when I try to virus scan the hard drive it restarts the computer. Anyone know why? there are files I need to access on this hard drive.

It sounds like when you are trying to browse the additional drives the extra demand for power on the supply pulls the entire system down if the supply is not seeing good regulation or one of the drives has a major fault and is pulling power to ground with some type of short. Besides any hardware fault however driver problems or something corrupted or missing in Windows can also result in system restarts due to the crash control feature.

Without seeing any blue screens taking a look in the event viewer may provide some information there if this isn't hardware related.

I was going to ask that myself but this seems like more of a hardware problem. One thing you try would be unplugging the F drive to see if the problem is still seen when going to browse the second storage drive in case the drive is failing on you. A bad drive can pull things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom