Hard drive questions (S.M.A.R.T etc.):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine. But you can not rollback unless the drivers were previously installed before the current drivers. Hence the name rollback. ;)

So you will have to uninstall the drivers use Driver Cleaner Pro and then install the XP drivers before Vista reinstalls its own drivers.

That's not the problem though as I haven't changed hardware in this time. Just created a RAID array and then removed it. A point of interest is I left the Vista install on a separate hard drive and did boot from it and viewed the SMART data while having RAID (No RAID driver so windows saw the drives as unformatted - separate.)

I missed this

format them as single basic ntfs drives to get them basic to normal. that's what you do when you unraid them or you are just confusing the heck out of the system

Sorry, that was ages ago I had done that while still using the RAID. The drives are now fully formatted in a non RAID config.

I don't see this being resolved tbh. Thanks for the help though. :)

Odd, as I have a similar problem. I have not done RAID ever (event viewer gives me numerous JRAID driver errors, however...). I've tried several programs (the program you suggested, Eric, didn't find any of my HDD's besides the normal size info/volume name). Have tried SpeedFan, HD Tune, HDD Health, and Everest. None of them give me my SMART data. But a few months ago when I had the same drives in my HP system (my main rig was down), programs reported SMART data just fine. Contacted Gigabyte Support (before and after my motherboard was sent in) and they don't know why its not reporting SMART data back to me. They suggested reinstalling Windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom