Hard drive questions (S.M.A.R.T etc.): - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Hard drive questions (S.M.A.R.T etc.):

Fine. But you can not rollback unless the drivers were previously installed before the current drivers. Hence the name rollback.

So you will have to uninstall the drivers use Driver Cleaner Pro and then install the XP drivers before Vista reinstalls its own drivers.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 05-25-2008, 04:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Will that work? Seems kind of stupid(?) to remove the Sata controller drivers...

Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+, 1/3 through CCNP
Old 05-25-2008, 05:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Originally Posted by Trifid View Post
That's not the problem though as I haven't changed hardware in this time. Just created a RAID array and then removed it. A point of interest is I left the Vista install on a separate hard drive and did boot from it and viewed the SMART data while having RAID (No RAID driver so windows saw the drives as unformatted - separate.)
I missed this

format them as single basic ntfs drives to get them basic to normal. that's what you do when you unraid them or you are just confusing the heck out of the system
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 05-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Sorry, that was ages ago I had done that while still using the RAID. The drives are now fully formatted in a non RAID config.

I don't see this being resolved tbh. Thanks for the help though.

Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+, 1/3 through CCNP
Old 05-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Private Joker

Odd, as I have a similar problem. I have not done RAID ever (event viewer gives me numerous JRAID driver errors, however...). I've tried several programs (the program you suggested, Eric, didn't find any of my HDD's besides the normal size info/volume name). Have tried SpeedFan, HD Tune, HDD Health, and Everest. None of them give me my SMART data. But a few months ago when I had the same drives in my HP system (my main rig was down), programs reported SMART data just fine. Contacted Gigabyte Support (before and after my motherboard was sent in) and they don't know why its not reporting SMART data back to me. They suggested reinstalling Windows...

Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Closed Thread