Hard drive questions (S.M.A.R.T etc.):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Having removed my RAID array I wish to view my SMART data for my 3 hard drives. I have installed Speedfan which was able to read the data including temps previously to using RAID but not so anymore. (There are no drives listed under SMART. I have tried enabling SMART monitoring in the BIOS (wasn't enabled previously) but this has not helped. Is there something I am missing?

I would also like to be able to have my hard drives turn off after a period of inactivity but they do not. I believe this may be related to above? I have installed the Nforce4 drivers including Mediashield, SMBUS and SMU driver.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks.

Edit: I have also tried this fix: Workaround for missing SMART info for nVIDIA chipsets under Vista - Lavalys Discussion Forum but windows says I already have the best driver?

Well the hard drives turning off would be adjusted under your power settings in the advanced tab of the screen saver settings.

As for the smart drive. Have you tried other apps that monitor these things? Speed Fan is not the greatest to use i hear.

No, I have set it to turn off after 1 minute (for testing, real life it would be 20mins to coincide with monitor turning off.)

The Western Digital Diagnostic tool also says SMART status is not available.

Something wrong with the controller maybe? Driver is the firs thing that springs to mind.

I agree with Mr. Coffee. Have you installed your chipset drivers?

Then i couldnt tell you. I would check the nVidia site and see if they have anything in their forums related to your specific issue. With the nvidia nforce boards and SMART not working.

Can maybe try CoreTemp or something like that?

try hard drive inspector. I'm glad you posted this. it's telling me to get a new 500 gig hdd.

Harddriveinspector.jpg

In the BIOS do you have the SATA Drives set to ACHI or IDE mode? If you are even using SATA Drives...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom