hard drive not recognized still, programs failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
so I have windows xp. and well I did automatic update, and well it installed sevice pack one and two, and all the other bs. Well when I went to my computer and clicked properties, it showed I had no service pack, and when I tried to use certain programs that required service pack 1 and 2 it they didn't work. Finally I needed to use windows so I installed a service one pack patch, it worked and the computer recognizes it. I thought this would make my hard drive show up as the proper size but no.

My question is how do I fix this problem (clean up) and also how can I get windows to recognize my hard drive as a 250gb rather then a 127gb. I heard you just need sp1 and it will recognize it, but that didn't work, is it because all this was done on a system that has been in use for a couple of months before I did the automatic update which said it worked, but computer didn't regonize it (no windows firewall thing).

Any ideas?

this is what you do. get a windows 98 bootdisk from www.bootdisk.com windows 98 oem, fdisk your hdd and format it. Then on another system or before you do this, download autostreamer and a standalone copy of xp SP2, slipstream it, make a new xp cd, and then install it this way. You will have less problems this route

Warez Monster said:
this is what you do. get a windows 98 bootdisk from www.bootdisk.com windows 98 oem, fdisk your hdd and format it. Then on another system or before you do this, download autostreamer and a standalone copy of xp SP2, slipstream it, make a new xp cd, and then install it this way. You will have less problems this route

true...

how do I slip stream, and I don't really have 150 to spend on a copy of xp pro sp2.

my friend has a copy of that but I heard xp only works once ( while on disk)

thanks, now how do I slip stream. and would I just install windows, then get sp1 and sp2 patches from somewhere besides microsoft and install them after cause you couldn't really slip stream them into the windows cd, unless you know how to crack right?

never mind abou the slip stream, but so I could just use alcohol 120% to rip the cd, then slipstream sp1 and 2 then pop it in reburn it?

slipstreaming is completely legal. stick you xp disc in, browse to your sp2 file (you don't need sp1. sp2 covers sp1) on your hard and let autostreamer do it's work

harnar123 said:
never mind abou the slip stream, but so I could just use alcohol 120% to rip the cd, then slipstream sp1 and 2 then pop it in reburn it?

autostreamer will rip you an xp sp2.iso file to your hard drive. use alcohol to burn it to disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom