hard drive got wiped out while restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitesh0528

In Runtime
i installed win xp on the c partition and all the users data on the e partition was still there and working anyway i went to updat win xp and it told me it had to restart so i did and when it did the computert just kept rebooting so i took the hd out and put it in a differnet machine and it says the hd is clear like the free space is at 100%
how is it possible for this to happen while it restarts

is it possible that the 2nd machine is win 98 and the drive from the XP machine was formatted in NTFS?

leave the hard disk in the win2000 computer and click start button>> run. in the run box type diskmgmt.msc. do you still see the E: drive or any others? If it did get deleted you can run data recovery software like Easy Recovery to get your files back.

well that is past now the computer just keeps rebooting 30seconds -10 min after i turn it on i try to put xp back on the disk but once the computer has to do alot of work it reboots

Hitesh0528 said:
well that is past now the computer just keeps rebooting 30seconds -10 min after i turn it on i try to put xp back on the disk but once the computer has to do alot of work it reboots

go to safe mode do a virus scan and maybe uninstall update

was it maybe the Service Pack 2 update?

i just want to know because i'm collecting information on all the problems that people have had with Microshit's newest update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom