Hard Drive Formatting ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4mes_bond25

Baseband Member
I'm hoping to format the hard drive of one of my cousin tomorrow.

Guess, she's got Windows 2000 OR XP presently & she's got only 8GB of hard drive & I'm hoping to install Windows XP Home Edition using my CD.

She doesn't wanna do any partition, however, wish to have NTSC file system instead of FAT32.

Would it be as simple as simply inserting my XP CD & restarting the PC & getting the option of "whether you wish to format the hard disk" followed by Windows XP setup ??? How about the process involved in chosing NTSC or FAT32 partition ???

I wouldnt recommend installing XP on 8gb hdd. It will use over 3 gb by default, then you need to instal updates, sp2s, then programs...dont even bother til you get a biggerr hard drive. You can use Nlite to remove items, but I dont recommed it.

you can use the xp cd to format as ntfs, let it format, then immediately eject the cd before it start copy files, then it will say setup can't continue, then hit f3 to exit.

now install 2000 and choose leave the file system intact.

this is the quickest way to format for 2000, me or win 98 (although you will choose fat32 as partitions for the last two)

Lol, you'd have to be really fast if you want to eject the CD after formatting before it copies the files over. It starts copying immediately after formatting.

TheMajor said:
Lol, you'd have to be really fast if you want to eject the CD after formatting before it copies the files over. It starts copying immediately after formatting.

true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom