Hard Drive Disappeared after a new user was created

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
The IT director created a new user in our AD a couple of weeks ago. And I only noticed the DNS backup Server is missing the D drive. C drive is functioning fine so that we can boot it up and see it in the network. But this DNS backup servera also disappeared from AD, too even tho we can see it in the network.

The server is on Win2000 SP4.

Even tho we don't use this server that often (almost never) but since this IS a DNS backup server, I'm concerned... just in case....

Trying not to sound thick but what is AD? + this sounds like a server administration problem rather than a hardware problem.

AD = Active Directory
ya, this may not be a hardware problem. we dont' know yet. when i posted this, my mind was fixed to hardware problem since this is on an old server...
i need to find out how to check array on this server:
Win 2000 SP4
IBM Netfinity 5000
2 of RAID 1 hard disks both are supposed to be mirrored.

from disk managetment, it sees C drive on both disks but no D drive. and it sees 2 extra disks which don't exist unless it thinks the missing D drive is there. these extra disks have state of 'offline' and 'missing', and labeled 'dymanic' and 'simple volume'. the volume is exactly same for both of them.

sounds like some sort or surface error has caused the mirror to fail and one of the drive D's is down. you need to get both disks online before the RAID will work, I guess the problem is with the "missing" part of the array.
Let me think about this

the disk management doesn't see the drive anymore. it sees an extra disks tho. for some reasons....
there are 2 disks with 2 drives (C and D) mirrored. now, all i see on both disks is C drive and D just disappeared. and 2 extra disks appeared in disk management saying 'missing'. both look identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom