Hanging on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky116

In Runtime
hi,

on startup after i choose my system "the screen says welcome to wondows XP", then i see my cursor and desktop and it just hangs & i cant even shut down with ctrl+alt+ent.

but have to switch off comp and restart and then it works.

additionally my net connection keeps going down every few minutes. it only restores when i restart my comp again!

whats happening?

first thing i would check is msconfig, take out anything u dont need in the startup tab.I would take out everything except ur antivirus

ok i removed stuff from startup in msconfig. now what?

one more thing i got a strange message "virtual memory low. windows increasing page file size"

whats that mean? can o do anything abt it?

what about: my net goes down and it only starts back if i restart comp. i dont know whats wrong here.

btw my net connection going down i did this: i disabled my network adapter, and then enabled it to see if anything changes. however as soon as i enabled it my comp shut down automatically then restarted on its on.

i dunno what going on here.

check for errors in eveny veiwer

control panel > admin tools > event viewer

sounds like it might be time for a rebuild or new hardware.

what must i look for in event viewer?

what do you mean by rebuild? or new hardware?

which error in event viewer btw, system error or application error?

system log first then app log. any error entry. these are the ones with the white x in a red circle.

rebuild would be to erase all data on the machine and load fresh data. you would want to backup your data first.

new hardware means buy new equiptment to replace the faulty hardware

app error is for my internet cable client program seems it has some "faulting module"

actually it so happened that my cable guy on renewing my package had some problems connecting my comp to his network, so he removed the client, then reinstalled it.

these internet problems are there since then. but surprisingly the problem hasnt occured even once since i posted here! the internet is still on.

for Schannel "a fatal error occurred while creating an SSL server credential"

error MrxSmb " the master browser has received a server announcement from the computer VISHAL-0DAEB1B7 that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{6F3A8CE7-6DA. The master browser is stopping or an election is being enforced"

is this some attack on my PC. i found a ditto message for MrxSmb error only replace Vishal**** by SANTY-PC and NetBT_Tcpip_(6F3A8CE7-6DA4-4FD0-

how do i backup data?

start > programs > accessories > backup

usually you want a external hard drive to save to.

backing up is really just saving user files that you will want to still have access to. document files, pics, mp3s, internet favorites, emails, etc

you could copy these straight from windows explorer as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom