Hanging on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
are the dates recent? are they reoccuring?

the SSL error would most likely just prevent you fm veiwing a particular webpage

the client program could be causing your internet drops

the master browser is typical. it has to do with which machine maintains the list of cmputers on the network

you could run a repair on the os, but its a shot in the dark. do you have the xp cd?

nope i got my xp system from vendor. dont have cd for it. :(

huh the dates say. 2002! in app and in security its still 2008!!! what! sys time is incorrect them.

i am sure they are new! cause i bought my comp in 2003. lol

yep reoccuring.

so there is absolutely no way around this full system revamp?

Have you tried a HJT log in the virus section? are you running any kind of AV and or Malware protection?

HJT Log whats that?

well i have zonealarm as firewall and spybot SD. my norton's too old. its 2003 but i havnt removed it off my system. its useless.

Have you tried a HJT log in the virus section? are you running any kind of AV and or Malware protection?

oh i googled it and found its HijackThisLog. have downloaded it and will install to see what it shows.

and i posted it virus/malware subforum. here is the link. my HJT log.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/hanging-startup-related-hjt-log-198860/

any ideas?

ok i dont want to repost same thing here but you can see this:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/hanging-startup-related-hjt-log-198860/#post1579050 (post number 7)

well osiris has no where written to uninstall norton! must i uninstall it? and will be a clean uninstallation. i have heard that some fragments are left behind, whats it called in memory, those .dll files. they show up in registry issues.

i will check that activescan link of yours now.

Norton is god awful! Use AVG or Avast, both are free for personal use, I would say Avast as it is more user friendly and has a better detection rate if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom