Hack can upgrade XP Home to XP Pro Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you brought it back up... it is not illegal to edit your registry. This "hack" is legal, seeing as though u can screw up your registry as much as you want.
-blitze

It was the second last.... Now then yes it's changing your registry but it's also cheating home from pro a registered product under copyright. And I hardly think compairing Microsoft to a Toaster is proving much.

Oh yes it does actually. As long as teh facts are straight. We are not "cheating" anyone. The registry is a part of the computer that we use. There for we are aloud to edit the files as much as we like. Unless there is an agreement saying: you cannot change the files. That would be crazy anyhow, seeming as every new program we install changes the registry by a hair or 2.
-blitze

Blitze105 said:
Oh yes it does actually. As long as teh facts are straight. We are not "cheating" anyone. The registry is a part of the computer that we use. There for we are aloud to edit the files as much as we like. Unless there is an agreement saying: you cannot change the files. That would be crazy anyhow, seeming as every new program we install changes the registry by a hair or 2.
-blitze

Amen

EricB I jest got my pcworld mag and that article is interesting I hope they change what companies can restrict people from in the Eula.Also to make the eula more accessible to people instead of opening the box and to be half way done with the install before u realise what u bought and unable to return it.

will this work on home sp2? I have 3 XP PRO computers and 1 home SP2. I would like to remote access the home computer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom