Hack can upgrade XP Home to XP Pro Lite - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 02:03 AM   #31 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Blitze105 Send a message via Yahoo to Blitze105

Since you brought it back up... it is not illegal to edit your registry. This "hack" is legal, seeing as though u can screw up your registry as much as you want.
-blitze

Old 06-09-2005, 02:04 AM   #32 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article...,120767,00.asp

Old 06-09-2005, 02:08 AM   #33 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

It was the second last.... Now then yes it's changing your registry but it's also cheating home from pro a registered product under copyright. And I hardly think compairing Microsoft to a Toaster is proving much.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 06-09-2005, 02:14 AM   #34 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Blitze105 Send a message via Yahoo to Blitze105

Oh yes it does actually. As long as teh facts are straight. We are not "cheating" anyone. The registry is a part of the computer that we use. There for we are aloud to edit the files as much as we like. Unless there is an agreement saying: you cannot change the files. That would be crazy anyhow, seeming as every new program we install changes the registry by a hair or 2.
-blitze
Old 06-09-2005, 02:28 AM   #35 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Blitze105
Oh yes it does actually. As long as teh facts are straight. We are not "cheating" anyone. The registry is a part of the computer that we use. There for we are aloud to edit the files as much as we like. Unless there is an agreement saying: you cannot change the files. That would be crazy anyhow, seeming as every new program we install changes the registry by a hair or 2.
-blitze
Amen
Old 06-09-2005, 02:58 AM   #36 (permalink)
Master Techie

EricB I jest got my pcworld mag and that article is interesting I hope they change what companies can restrict people from in the Eula.Also to make the eula more accessible to people instead of opening the box and to be half way done with the install before u realise what u bought and unable to return it.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

will this work on home sp2? I have 3 XP PRO computers and 1 home SP2. I would like to remote access the home computer too.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:13 PM   #38 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

I'm not for sure, did you try it yet so we know?
Old 09-14-2005, 02:34 PM   #39 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

I probably will in the next day or so.

Closed Thread