Guest account re-enables itself - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Repeat Offender

Default Guest account re-enables itself

This happens quite frequently. I disable it and don't think a thing about it. Then just out of curiosity I check, and it's enabled. I have no idea how this is happening unless it has something to do with remote desktop being enabled.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the variables....it ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default Re: Guest account re-enables itself

Right click on my computer, click manage, expand local users and groups, users.... in the right hand pane right click guest, properties, disable account

Old 01-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Repeat Offender

Default Re: Guest account re-enables itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
Right click on my computer, click manage, expand local users and groups, users.... in the right hand pane right click guest, properties, disable account
I have done that several times, but for whatever reason it gets enabled again.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the variables....it ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Closed Thread