Group policy - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via ICQ to babyblue10
Default Group policy

Help, my fren windows firewall is under group policy, she can add exceptions and all, but cannot enable or disable it. It her own pc by the way. Below is the image that she print screen for me. How do i disable or enable the firewall back?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABCD0002.JPG (30.5 KB, 26 views)

Old 01-03-2008, 04:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher
Default Re: Group policy

hmm this is a home computer?odd..wonder how a local policy got set. Go to START>RUN>GPEDIT.MSC In the console go to computer configuration>Administrative templates>Network>...shoot its diff under windows vista..i believe in XP it says Windows Firewall or Network then Windows Firewall..anywho you should see it there...then that is where you set the firewall policy.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On