Graphics drivers... and other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
Alright, so yesterday I run Aquamark. I normally get 33,780ish, but on this one, I got 33,400. So I try to fix the prolem today by uninstalling, reinstalling, and finnally upgrading my ATI drivers. Guess what? 33400ish, 33331, and finally, my latest benchmark: a glorious 33280! WTF??
My questions:
->How do I PROPERLY purge old video drivers out of my system? Currently, I was uninstalling using ATI's uninstller that is installed along with the drivers (nothign special, it just appears in the program list after driver install), rebooting, and installing/reinstalling another set. I tried installing in safe mode, but for some reason the setu program didn't think I had any ATI hardware. It worked fine in normal windows, so I installed it from there
->Would improperly installed/uninstalled drivers cause the above performance dips?
->Anything else that would fix these small losses?

Also, my idle CPU usage is normally 0-2, but now it is more around 0-4, with it usually being 2-3. WHY?

And on top of this, I'm not even sure my practically brand new power supply is even good (unstable Vcore, ect), and need to fix that.

Yes, they are onlt small loses, but still they should not be here. This is mostly a problem with something I am doing, and I want to know where I am going wrong. Another question:
Where do I go for chipset drivers? The motherboard company, or in my case, intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom