Graphics Drivers/Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greencow_555

Baseband Member
Hey folks,

I recently got rid of my ATI Radeon after the dreaded 'delayed write error' that seems to be not so uncommon.

I put in a new card but my system hasn't picked it up, nor can I seem to find the drivers.

Its an old geforce4 4400mx. Even though its in and I uninstalled all my ATI drivers windows won't recognise it. My 'device manager' doesn't show any kind of graphics card at all, nor does it show any driver error alerts.

When I ran 'driver detective' it showed a driver error for the radeon.. but I didn't want to pay to have the program do something I can probably do some other way.

Lol, so I am stuck on 800x600 res and its annoying the poop out of me.

Can anyone offer any help?
Thanks,
Gaz

Windows XP
Asus A8V Athlon 64+ 3200

Sorry, forgot to add.

I tried to install the NVidia drivers from their website but it said I didn't have any hardware to match it and exited the install.

Gaz

I managed to find some more things out.

I tried the add new hardware wizard, and when I chose to select my manufacturer and model the menu only had ATI to choose from, with no sign of a geforce4 mx4400 anywhere.

Anyone?!
Gaz

For anyone else who gets this problem it turned out I had to reinstall the motherboard drivers. Then the motherboard picked up my new Graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom