GPO Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrowinski

Baseband Member
Hi
I have put policies in place on the network preventing users from seeing the C drive. I have re-directed everyones Home Folder to a different drive and folder (which is working) However I have found the following problem.

I have noticed that when users open Windows Explorer they receive a Restrictions box with the following message “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact you system administrator”.
Once you click the Ok button Windows Explorer opens.

I know that when it is opening it is still trying to view the C:\Documents & Settings\username\my documents
I've seen that If i right click my documents and re-direct it then the problem is solved.
Is there any other setting that I can change instead of asking each user to change the setting in thier machine?

Thanks
Hermann

I set the re-direction in AD by selecting a user and changing the path for thier home folder.
I then restricted the C drive. opening my computer causes no errors.
Windows Explorer causes that message because its still trying to access the C drive.
I looked in the GPO options, & I dont see an option to change what Windows Explorer first looks at when opened.
I think I'll send an email asking all users to make the change themselves

i think i would try setting a folder redirection via GPO for my docs. Then run gpupdate on the clients or have them reboot.

of course an email might suffice too but what about new machines? change documentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom